My Career Coaching Benefits
Anyone can write a resume and create a LinkedIn profile. It just takes:
- knowing/selling yourself (most people struggle with this)
- some skill and good resources (much of what you find out there is crap - to put it bluntly!)
- lots of time (to successfully do the above)
Most Resume Writers will charge you $$$ to $,$$$ for a pretty template résumé.
They work on volume, and have junior people do the work for pennies on the dollar.
They often charge by the sections or for any rework.
You want someone who proves your résumé works.
Not some résumé mill that pastes a résumé template on LinkedIn.
They usually have no real understanding of how LinkedIn works!
And, sadly, many people "just want a résumé". They don't realize they are the only ones in charge of their career.
They need to understand enough so it doesn't end up costing them more, again and again.
So if you want to know what works and why – after years of trial, research, and results – see if we can help or keep reading…
Why I Do Career Coaching
I am passionate about helping you navigate your career, because I’ve seen what happens when you don't and how often it happens.
Budget cuts, rightsizing/offshoring, economy tanks, COVID-19 hits.
And I've seen that most people at best are disengaged at work.
So I help you leverage the seconds you get to land that dream job.
I provide career coaching that puts you in charge of the rest of your career, not just the next job - so you can love Mondays again!
16 years ago, I put my resume on a job board.
I got a job with relocation the next day.
But that no longer works!
I learned early in my career, that I was the only one in charge.
So I’ve learned a lot about what works on resumes.
And I’ve been on all sides of hiri:
- on a committee putting out job ads and reviewing applicants
- “one of those guys” having seconds before an interview to review YOUR resume and then interview you
- a jobseeker, getting interviewed and making all the classic mistakes – learning the hard way!
Several years ago, I changed one word on my LinkedIn profile.
I had a recruiter notice it the next day. Yep, got the job!
Even though I was consulting and it was that company’s job to find me one!
So I started helping others.
And in 2017 LinkedIn approached me to help them review LinkedIn profiles.
I learned the top 12 sections of a LinkedIn profile after LinkedIn hired me to review LinkedIn profiles.
What they didn’t tell me was how to make them better.
That’s where my LinkedIn Profile Writing Process kicks in!
So I have lots of rich history upon which to offer my career coaching process!
I Have or Get the Answers
With 30 years in business, I’ve seen many sides of hiring…
- … Being on a committee putting out job ads and reviewing applicants
- … Being “one of those guys” having seconds before an interview to review YOUR resume and then interview you
- … Being a jobseeker, getting interviewed and making all the classic mistakes – learning the hard way!
What I Do for Career Coaching
I do my research. Often, as things are changing all the time.
I can do it for you with no explanation, do it and explain it, or simply explain it in a coaching session.
We’re talking resumes, cover letters, job interviews, LinkedIn, ghosting, salary negotiation, etc.
But a good career coach should not just tell you to do something or do it for you:
❝You give a poor man a fish and you feed him for a day. You teach him to fish and you give him an occupation that will feed him for a lifetime.❞(Chinese proverb)
Can I help?