How to Get the Best Recommendations to POP Your Career
Why Recommendations Are Important
Social proof is hugely important! Think of that last purchase from Amazon. Didn't you consider the reviews?
So, in this post I want to demonstrate with tips, examples and ways you can give back to us! 🙂
Reasons to Recommend
Always earn a recommendation! If we haven't helped you already, see our blog for some of The Best LinkedIn #ProfilesThatPOP Content Out There.
If you are NOT getting LinkedIn notifications or feed content you want, it's because liking and following are no longer enough to keep seeing content you want. Here's a post we did about that, straight from the horse's mouth!
ENGAGEMENT is a Win-Win - it helps spread the word, and brings visibility to your profile! In all content we share, we simply ask you to engage with a like, comment or share to help share it to others! Influencer testing shows that thoughtful comments of at least 5 words, 3-5 times a day will boost your views. And we'd recommend liking everything - even your own posts, comments and replies!
What LinkedIn Recommends to Help Best
LinkedIn says a quality recommendation is worth more than skill endorsements.
- A recommendation gives social proof, making you more credible. It also gives more visibility to the giver!
- A poor recommendation might actually hurt. See 11 Sloppy LinkedIn Mistakes That You're Too Qualified to Make (The Muse). You can hide recommendations if you need to.
- Endorsements and Recommendations that don’t really say anything about your value are worthless. This includes sentences like, “She is great” or “I recommend her.” But you can’t put the blame on the person who gave you the recommendation. Instead, ask them for more context...
The 3-4-5 Formula That Will Get You More Recommendations
3 Ways You Can Get More Recommendations
- When you give one, it encourages the receiver to want to give one to you, while making you look good. Don’t be afraid of having 1:2 or even up to 1:4 ratio of received/given!
- Endorsing skills works the same way. Give to receive.
- But when common sense isn't so common and they don't reciprocate, ask...
4 Keys to Ask for Really Helpful Recommendations
5 Steps to Write Amazing Recommendations That Actually Help
- 5-Minute, 5-lines and 5 Steps to Writing an Amazing LinkedIn Recommendation
- How to Write a LinkedIn Recommendation in 2020 [Quick Tip - 6 Steps]
- The 3 Elements of Great LinkedIn Recommendations
Why We're Recommended - Some of Our Best Content!
See our article➤ The Best LinkedIn #ProfilesThatPOP Content Out There
However, are you getting Notifications & content you want? DOUBT IT! So following and liking are no longer enough to ensure you keep seeing what you want. Join our newsletter to be notified...
ENGAGEMENT is a Win-Win - it helps spread the word, and brings visibility to your profile!
Influencer testing shows that thoughtful comments of at least 5 words, 3-5 times a day will boost your views. And we'd recommend liking everything - even your own posts, comments and replies!
Recommendations/testimonials are a Win-Win! it's more visibility for both the giver and receiver. Nothing like a little Karma kickback! 😉 So, if we've helped you, please consider a LinkedIn RECOMMENDATION, a Google REVIEW or a Quick Testimonial of our work.
And as you can see in the tips below, when asking for them give the specific keywords you'd like to be mentioned up front. In our case, it's LinkedIn Profile Optimization, Resume Writing and Career Coaching! Why? People may only skim them and/or be show the first 100 characters!