Here are the next three points from this Forbes article, and my take on them…
JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES (PART 3 of 5)➤ 15 New Ideas for Your LinkedIn Profile… (🔗 in comments)
7. CULTIVATE KARMA: ❝Write an unsolicited recommendation of someone you really respect, and send it over to them… and maybe someone will do the same for you!❞ MY TAKE: Give to receive. Find out what they are looking to highlight. (Ask for link🔗: Your 5-Minute Guide)
8. REQUEST RECOMMENDATIONS: ❝Why wait for karma to come back? …ask for the kind of social proof that’s going to make your personal brand stand out. Be specific about the role, as well as the qualities you would like recommended.❞ MY TAKE: This is the most important aspect on LinkedIn. Social Proof. (Ask for link🔗: 4 Keys to Scoring Amazing LinkedIn Recommendations)
9. POST INTERESTING STUFF: ❝…like this! 😜 Share your insights by writing up what you liked most about the article and why people should check it out.❞ MY TAKE: Always give a summary or your take on shares. Quality of content is king. Never post links!
Today, you can no longer send off tons of résumés and expect a job! I call it “Spray and Pray”. You need better Job Search Strategies…
I found a great article that gives 15 Ideas on making your LinkedIn Profile POP.
This is Part 2, ideas 4 – 6…
Next 3 Strategies and My Takes
4. GET CLEAR ON KEYWORDS
❝everybody knows about SEO, but how do you get it right for your personal profile? …list keywords that can make a difference …a search for “Product Manager” yields 12M+ results & 640K+ people with that phrase in their job title❞
MY TAKE: Enter a role, get the Top Skills for it and work them into your profile
5. SPEAK IN NUMBERS
❝Wherever possible, write about outcomes and results, and avoid adjectives (unless they are supported by results) …anybody can say that they are customer-focused, but hard numbers testify that your profile isn’t fake news.❞
MY TAKE: 💯! 🤪
6. BEEF UP YOUR HEADLINE
❝describe the service you can provide in a way that’s authentic and not over-the-top …Look in the direction of service, solutions and impact …Elaborate on how you can help others, and you’ll help yourself in the process!❞
MY TAKE: Search your keywords – with and without them in your headline. Take full advantage of the 120 characters!
Job Search Strategies are key to being found on LinkedIn for jobs.
Being found on LinkedIn just might be the key to your career search. According to Jobscan, 87% of corporate recruiters use this platform to find and source candidates… there’s no better place to be for job seekers… how you present yourself online is key to creating interest, interviews & opportunities…
Here are the first 3 Job Search Strategies and my take on them…
1. MAKE FRIENDS FAST: ❝if you don’t have over 500 connections, you’re kinda invisible on LinkedIn. Looks like it’s your 1st time at the rodeo and you haven’t discovered where the horsies are yet.❞ MY TAKE: Can’t get to the rodeo without “500+”
2. PICTURE THIS: ❝maybe people aren’t connecting with you because you don’t have a profile pic… Think professional and pick a pic that shows who you are.❞ MY TAKE: Last sentence key. Doesn’t have to be 💯% “professional” (Ask for🔗: How to Take a Great Profile Photo)
3. IT’S NOT YOUR RÉSUMÉ: ❝it’s better… you’ve got more room to maneuver and more space for adding keywords… Amplify the things that matter most… don’t just leave empty space after a job title or company.❞ MY TAKE: ✔!