You still sending résumés or business cards?
That's called Spray 'n Pray...
Today a good resume is not enough to get you the job! You need more than Resume Writing Services or even an ALL-STAR LinkedIn profile!
Today with smartphones and new technology worldwide, hiring managers are getting 100s of applications for each job.
However, ❝On average, every corporate job opening attracts 250 resumes... But only 4 to 6 of these people will be called for an interview, and only 1 of those will be offered a job.❞
A Good Resume Is Not Enough
You need to consider 5 more things:
Back door references
That's why we cover so much more than Resume Writing Services.
Did you know you have a 1-3% chance to land the job with a résumé alone?
You Need LinkedIn More Than Ever
What about LinkedIn? Are you a small business struggling for leads? Is it important to the job seeker? You bet!
Our LinkedIn Optimization alone covers 26 proprietary steps.
As you can see from that link, it's actually your best bet to ATTRACT jobs and leads - instead of Spray 'n Pray!
Don't Forget Career Coaching
We also offer Career Coaching to explain why hiring is so broken and what it takes to get a job today.
And to help small businesses do so much better than hand out business cards to a few people.
Why would you not leverage millions of opportunities available to you?
11 Interesting Hiring Statistics You Should Know...
1. On average, every corporate job opening attracts 250 resumes
❝But only 4 to 6 of these people will be called for an interview, and only 1 of those will be offered a job.❞
4 to 6 of 250 is only 1-3% who will get a job from a résumé! That says it all right there.
And yet recent stats say 97% WILL check your LinkedIn - for business or jobs.
2. There are 5 things job seekers take into account before accepting a job offer
3. 94 percent of sales professionals say that base salary is the most important element of their compensation plan
4. 79 percent of job seekers use social media in their job search
5. Nearly 2 in 3 employees say their employer does not--or does not know how to--use social media to promote job openings
6. 45 percent of job seekers use their mobile devices to search for jobs at least once every day
7. There are 3 things that most matter to Millennials in the companies they work for
8. 64 percent of Millennials would rather make $40K a year at a job they love than $100K a year at a job they think is boring
9. 46 percent of Millennials left their last job due to lack of career growth
10. 69 percent of job seekers would not take a job with a company that has a bad reputation--even if unemployed
11. Increasing employee engagement investments by 10 percent can increase company profits by $2,400 per employee per year
... ❝And 70 percent of employees who lack confidence in the abilities of senior leadership are not fully engaged.❞
That means most people don't like their jobs!
NOTE: ❝You've got SECONDS... for 1st Impressions!❞
There's a reason I say that quote all the time. Pun intended.
Ladders did an eye scan study in that proved just how fast recruiters initially go over your résumé and even LinkedIn.
For résumés they showed an average one vs a professional one. Can you see the difference below?...
For Résumés, Don't Forget the ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
You do know that most companies use an ATS, right?
And that scan of your résumé happens the INSTANT you click SUBMIT, don't you? You don't even GET seconds. Or a second chance, often, despite you now being in their ATS...
Yet, ❝78% of recruiters say using an ATS helps recruit better candidates, faster according to Gartner.❞
If You Pass, How Much Time?
The original recruiter study in 2012 said 6.2 seconds. A May 2018 article from a 20-year recruiter said you have 5 seconds... and they don't even work!
Then, in November 2018 Ladders redid their study, confirming you get 7.4 seconds... So 6 years later the eye scan time actually went from 6.2 to 7.4 seconds. Woo-hoo!
The point? You’d better POP in seconds! I'd say you get 5 seconds or less after COVID, for the initial decision to even keep reading. That's where we can help.
Why You Need More Than "Just a Resume"
The do-it-yourself résumé (can you tell which one?) barely got a glance. And mostly in one area.
But look at the other professionally done one. There's red (eyes) going to all key résumé areas!
Not getting lost in the side white space.
Thus, getting you a better initial scan and interest. Recruiter eyes focus the most on the red. You want to be in the red, pun intended!